The daily current affairs updates posted here are aimed at IBPS PO, Bank clerk, SSC CGL and other similar kind of exams. Top gk and current affairs from 4 February 2015 are given below.
1. World Cancer day observed on 4th February everywhere.
This day is celebrated to create awareness about cancer among the people. Theme for World Cancer Day 2015 – Not beyond Us. The first World Summit Against Cancer, was held in Paris in 2000. The 2015 campaign will focus on four key areas –
i) Choosing healthy lives
ii) Delivering early detection
iii) Achieving treatment for all
iv) Maximising quality of life
Current Affairs 4 February 2015 – Business Diary
2. Micromax overtook Samsung as the largest smartphone vendor in India.
Micromax dethrones Samsung to become the largest smartphone firm in India. Based on the data of October-December quarter Micromax controlled 22 per cent of total market share in smartphone business. On the other hand Samsung’s marketshare was slightly below (20 percent) than that of Micromax in smartphone business.
Current Affairs 4 February 2015 – International
3. Sergio Mattarella sworn-in as the New President of Italy on 3 February 2015.
Sergio Mattarella a Constitutional Court Judge was elected as the President of Italy on 31st January 2015. He succeeded Giorgio Napolitano, who stepped down from the post in January 2015 citing signs of fatigue.
4. Indian journalist writer Hindol Sengupta’s book was shortlisted for Hayek prize this year.
His book named “Recasting India: How Entrepreneurship is Revolutionizing the World’s Largest Democracy” found its way to be placed among the probable six to get this award.
Current Affairs 4 February 2015 – Persons in News
5. Madhusudhan Prasad has replaced Shankar Agarwal as Secretary, ministry of urban development (MoUD).
He was a Director and Joint Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs and Additional Secretary in the Union Ministry of Commerce.
Sports Current Affairs 4 February 2015
6. Saloni Dalal became the youngest player to win the bronze medal in the 200 m breaststroke event in the 35th National Games 2015. Saloni the class 7 student from Karnataka also won a silver in the 4 X 100 m relay medley with her teammates Anisha Gaonkar, Malika A Honagekar and Rutuja Pawar.