Dr. Nandita Chatterjee has taken charge as the new Secretary in the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA).
She will succeed Anita Agnihotri. Ms Agnihotri was transferred to the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment in a secretary-level bureaucratic reshuffle.
Prior to this appointment Dr. Nandita Chatterjee was a Member-Secretary of National Commission for Women (NCW).
• Nandita Chatterjee is an IAS Officer of 1980 batch and belongs to West Bengal Cadre.
• She holds Master’s degree in Economics and Masters in Development Economics. She also holds Doctoral Degree in Sociology and Anthropology.
• At National level, she had served in the Union Government for the Ministries of Rural Development and Environment & Forests.
• At International level, she had served in the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and World Health Organisation (WHO) for over six years.
• Her last international assignment was in Afghanistan as Capacity Development Advisor, UNDP.