ICICI Bank, India’s largest private bank, has launched its twitter based banking services. It will enable customers to transfer money through the micro-blogging Web site. This facility also enables customers to view their account balance, view the recent transactions and recharge mobile pre-paid through Twitter. To avail twitter based money transfer facility Savings account holders are required to register their Twitter account with a onetime password and link their account number.
About ICICI Twitter based money transfer facility
• User can subscribe by following the bank’s Twitter handle and register for the facility.
• Both the recipient and sender need to have a Twitter account. The sender should to know the beneficiary’s Twitter handle.
• A system generated SMS with a unique code will be sent to the sender after the transfer. The transaction will be completed only after entering the above number by the beneficiary.
• Beneficiaries who have account with another bank will have to put in that bank’s IFSC code to receive the payment.
Limits for Twitter based money transfer
• Customers can send up to Rs 5,000 per transaction with a limit of Rs 10,000 per day.
• No charges applicable for such money transfer. However customers are required to pay NEFT/RTGS transaction fee.
ICICI Bank claimed it is the first in Asia and only second in the world to offer a Twitter based money transfer service. A year ago it launched facility to transfer funds through the Facebook.