Important current affairs of 25th december 2014 are given below.
National scene 25th december
1. Sushaasan express to run from Gwalior to Gonda.
* On the eve of national good governance day union minister Narendra singh Tomar flagged off “Sushaasan express”.
* This train will run from the birthplace of former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee Gwalior to Gonda via Hazrat, Nizamuddin and Lucknow.
* Railway minister Suresh prabhu sanctioned Rs.29 cr for railways development in Gwalior. It is worth to mention here that 25th December, the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Behari Vajpayee was decided to be celebrated as national good governance day in the country.
2. Indian Meteorogical Department (IMD) launched an SMS based alert system for public for weather and disaster related info.
* In another event to mark national good governance day IMD launched this operational system on 25th december.
* The individuals will have to register themselves at IMD’s official website www.imd.gov.in – for this purpose.
* This program is also a part of governmet’s “Digital india program” in collaboration with department of electronics and information technology for SMS based alerts to general public.
3. Amitabh Bachchan was conffered with Yash chopra memorial award.
* Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan was honoured with Yash Chopra memorial award on 23rd december 2014.
* This award was instituted by TSR foundation in memory of late producer – director Yash Chopra in 2013.
* He recieved the award from the governer of maharastra C Vidyasagar Rao.
Science and technology
4. Dr. K Radhakrishnan was placed among the top 10 scientists list chosen by the journal Nature.
* He was chosen for his successful leadership in inserting mangalyaan into the martian orbit.
* The Nature said as head of ISRO he was well aware of the number of failed attempts made by the other nations. Despite knowing the fact ISRO had taken its lessons from other countries and set its modest aims for its first interplanetary mission.
* The Rosetta flight operations director Andrea Accomazzo topped the list.