The current affairs questions given here are based on the latest happenings of recent times covering all sections from 1st January to 14th January. A mindful attention may help you do well in IBPS PO, Bank clerical, SSC-CGL and other similar examinations.
1. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommended a base price for 3G spectrum, about 22 % lower than the previous auction. What is the newly fixed base price?
Ans- Rs.2720 crore per Mhz
2. Who was appointed as the new Chairman of Railway board recently?
Ans – AK Mittal
3. Who was appointed as the new director general of civil aviation making her the first woman DG to hold the post?
Ans – M. Sathiyavati
4. Which panel is set up to recomend new policy on Maratha quota?
Ans – Swadheen Kashatriya
5. A new taskforce is formed to rekindle growth of the country’s moobile handset and component manuffacturing industry. Who is the head of this taskforce?
Ans – RS Sharma (Chairman of department of electronics and informations)
6. Recently planning commission was replaced by a new body NITI ayog. What is the fullform of NITI?
Ans -National Institution for transforming India
7. Government has blocked 32 websites for carrying anti-India and Jihadi propaganda. Under which rule did government block these websites?
Ans – Under section 69 of the IT act 2000 and under IT rules 2009
8. Which five countries joined UN security council as non permanent member?
Ans-Angola,Malaysia,Newzealand,Venezuela and Spain
9. Who was appointed vice chairman of NITI ayog?
Ans – Arvind Panagariya
• CEO of NITI ayog-Sindhushree Khullar
• Economist Bibek Debroy, former DRDO chief VK Sarawat appointed fulltime member.
• Ex officio members – Rajnath singh, Arun Jaitley, Suresh Prabhu and Radhamohan Singh
10. In a deal of worth $11.8mn which Indian auto component maker acquired France based mecanique generale Langroise?
Ans – Bharat Forge
11. Who was elected president of Indian Newspaper society (INS)?
Ans – Kiran Vadodaria
12. Who was appointed the non-executive chairperson of HDFC bank on 2nd January 2015?
Ans – Shyamala Gopinathan
13. Prime minister Narendra Modi launched a scheme for LED distribution to citizens of delhi under the program named DELP. What does DELP stand for?
Ans – Domestic efficient lighting program
15. Who was appointed brand ambassador of Andhrapradesh health sector?
Ans – Amitabh Bachchan
16. Who will be the new CMD of heavy engineering corporation?
Ans -Avijit Ghosh
17. Recently RBI inked deal with ECB (European central bank) for exchange of information, policy dialogue and technical cooperation between the two countries. Who is the current president of ECB?
Ans – Mario Draghi
18. Who became the first female president of Croatia?
Ans – Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
19. What was the theme for recently concluded Indian science congress-2015?
Ans – Science and technology for Human development
20. What was the theme of National Youth day 2015?
Ans – Youth for clean, green and progressive India
21. Which bank became the first bank to launch contactless debit card?
Ans – ICICI bank
22. Which city hosted International Hindi conference?
Ans – NewJersy
Theme – Expanding World of Hindi : Possibilities and Challenges
23. The Charlie Hebdo which was attacked by terrorists recently, is a newspaper of which country?
Ans – It is a satirical weekly magazine of France.
24. Who sworn in as new prime minister of Srilanka?
Ans – Ranil Wickeramasinghe
26. Who was chosen for Vikram sarabhai memorial award-2015?
Ans -MYS Prasad
27. Thomas Kurian was appointed president of which company?
Ans – Oracle
28. Who became the new Prime minister of Mali?
Ans – Mobido Keita
It was the first set of Gk and current affairs quiz. For more useful daily current updates stay connected with us.
29. Which bollywood celebrity was conferred with Social media person of the year recently?
Ans – Amitabh Bachchan
30. Who was appointed as the 8th chairman of ISRO?
Ans – Alur Seelin Kiran Kumar