The daily current affairs updates posted here are aimed at IBPS PO, Bank clerk, SSC CGL and other similar kind of exams. Top gk and current affairs from 9 February 2015 are given below.
Current Affairs 9 February 2015 – Awards
1. Journalist Vinod Mehta has been conferred Uttar Pradesh’s highest civilian award Yash Bharti by the State government.
2. Bengaluru-based musician Ricky Kej‘s collaborative album ‘Winds of Samsara’ wins the best new age album award at the 57th Grammy Awards.
See the list of winners at 57th Annual Grammy Awards 2015
3. Boyhood (the film which took 12 years to make) honored with the Best Film Award at 68th BAFTA (British Academy Film Awards) 2015.
See the Complete List of winners at BAFTA 2015 film awards
Current Affairs 9 February 2015 – Business Diary
4. Indian economy is estimated to grow at 7.4% in 2014-15against 6.9% in previous year.
5. Adidas has appointed Damyant Singh as its Brand Director in India. He will succeed Tushar Gokuldas, who was recently appointed as the Brand Director-Adidas Emerging Markets.
6. Vodafone India appoints Naveen Chopra as Chief Operating Officer.
Current Affairs 9 February 2015 – International
7. Swiss leaks: India ranks 16th on leaked HSBC list. It is called Swiss Leaks — a trove of secret documents from HSBC’s Swiss private banking arm that reveals names of account holders and their balances for the year 2006-07. The new revelation— published today as part of a global agreement — is expected to significantly widen the scale and scope of the ongoing probe by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) appointed by the Supreme Court.
8. Bengaluru, Chennai, Surat among ‘100 Resilient Cities’ announced by Rockfeller foundation. The idea behind choosing is that cities have complex ecosystems and have a hard time organising themselves around what their key challenges are and the second is that too often the cities don’t access the resources or best practices efficiently enough.